So today we spent our 3rd black Friday together as a married couple. Traditionally for us we go out for breakfast, then head over to Bredeweg Acres to pick out our Christmas Tree! The first year we had a beautiful tree. Perfectly round and just the right height. Drew took f . o . r . e . v . e . r to pick it out. Last year when we went Drew still critiqued every tree until we found the right one, but it was faster than the year before and not as perfect. This year was slim pickin's. There were hardly any trees left to cut down (same spot as the last 2 years), and we have a much lower budget (because we're working on this debt free thing that Drew loves and I don't love - although the outcome is nice). Anyway, so we get out into the area where the Fraser firs are and the 3rd tree we look at Drew says, "okay that's a good one". WHAT!?!?!?! Where did my meticulous, take-all-day-to-pick-out-a-Christmas-tree husband go? So we sawed that baby down and that is what we ended up with! It's short and sweet.
'But he said to me, "My grace us sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.' 2 Corinthians 12:9
Friday, November 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Awww...she was holding my hand. Baby dedication - I was praying that her shoes wouldn't fall off. Love this headband! I got it on Ets...
-
Today, since it was gloomy and raining off and on we headed to a local farm to pick up some pumpkins, gourds, and mums. These photos are ...
-
Paint toe nails...check! Halloween decor {since we'll be busy the minutes we get back from vacation}...check! Fold laund...
-
This post was started last week: 1) Last week with good intentions I shaved one leg and forgot the other. So the next day, I shaved the ot...
No comments:
Post a Comment