Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's not poison ivy...

I took Finley to the doctor today.
When she woke up she was whining, "boo-boo, boo-boo."
As I suspected and inspected her rash had grown.
AGAIN!
What's a mama to do?
Call the Doctor's office for an appointment and thankfully our office does sick visits on Saturdays.
When Drew came home from basketball he said, "that looks like chicken pox."
But she's had the vaccination for it.
{Although I've heard you can still get mild cases with that.}
Dr. D. said it wasn't either of those two.
He was pretty sure it was hand, foot, and mouth disease.
He also said he's seen a little boy earlier in the week who was much worse.
And that little boy was sent to the dermatologist.

There's nothing we can do but wait it out.
And make her comfortable.
We were given an antibiotic prescription just in case it gets worse.
{But I won't be giving my kids antibiotics as long as possible because it starts a vicious, never-ending cycle of sickness and too-many trips to the doctor.}

So now, we're home and Finn's been happier today then she has been in the past 3 days.
Oh and that little boy who had it really bad, well turns out that was my nephew.

After we came home, I got to thinking, hmmmm, Drew's Opa mentioned Micah had a nasty rash on Tuesday.  Oh CRAP! So I called Jennie and confirmed that Micah picked up yet another virus from daycare.  I feel worse for Jennie though because Micah has eczema on top of the rash.  His is 3 times worse then Finn's.

Being a mommy is awesome! This part of it, not so much. But they're worth it!! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts