Wednesday, October 27, 2010

forgiveness


I have learned some good lessons lately. One of them being forgiveness:
  • Forgive even though you may never understand where the other person is coming from.
  • Forgive even if they don't deserve it.
  • When you forgive there is a huge weight lifted because you have let it go.
  • Sometimes forgiving someone is just as painful as going through the conflict that got you into that mess in the first place.
  • Forgiveness doesn't mean you have to forget, but it means that you've moved on.
  • If you don't or can't forgive someone, it's like poison to your relationship and it causes a massive rift.
  • Forgiveness is healing.
  • Forgive because Christ forgave us!

Speaking of forgiveness, I think my little man finally forgave me for bringing home a baby sister. Yesterday he finally snuggled with me for a half hour in the morning and again in the afternoon and has been extra clingy lately. I'm so happy Teague finally loves me again like he did before I brought Finley home!

2 comments:

  1. Forgiveness is one of the hardest things to do at times. But you're right, we must forgive because Christ forgave us. I'm so glad you're little man is snuggling with you again :-) I bet it must have been hard when he stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a hard lesson to learn. It's does more for the forgiver than the forgivee. Didn't realize that Teague was still acting that way.
    It's important, but difficult at times to give each child individual attention when you have more than one. You don't want them to resort to negative behavior to get your attention.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts