Wednesday, July 18, 2012

First and foremost this post is dedicated to Lissa (my SIL) and Kelsey (who's been catching up).  Yes, I know I haven't blogged in a while.  We've been busy, enjoying life and summer.

Let me catch you up to speed:

1. I ran my 10k the day before mother's day. Drew thought I'd love running again like I used to if I'd train for 8 weeks and run the race.  I did it for him and unfortunately I still don't love it like I used to.

Background information: When I was in labor with Teague until the time I had him was 20 hours.  I could've run a marathon with lots of time to spare and at the time I would have chosen marathon hands down - even without training for it. (But the reward for going through labor was well worth it and I wouldn't trade it for anything.)  Now Finley on the other hand came in 45 minutes and given the choice between running the 10k and giving birth to her, I would have chosen giving birth. Call me crazy!  That might be how much I didn't like it.

(please ignore the pins under my shirt. I don't have nipple rings, they we're holding my number to my shirt)

2. I was back and forth between Grand Rapids and Chicago and back to Grand Rapids within a week.  I ran my race, then a few days later headed to Chicago to help my sweet friend Jud recover from hip surgery.  Then back to Grand Rapids for Dave Ramsey Live.  Total $ makeover.  FYI- we've been debt free minus the house since August 2011, so this was just a refresher.  And I got to chat with Jon Acuff for a minute while he signed my book.


3. PAT Playgroup. We love parents as teachers playgroup. I know I have a teaching certificate and I'm a mom, but sometimes moms aren't exactly sure what to do with their kids to keep them on track for school.  So we go to this playgroup once a month during the school year and we get a free book and play A LOT.  Not to mention they offer an educator to come to your house to show you cool stuff to do with your kids. (Plus, I get a little adult time too.)

 This was the picnic at the end of the year.





4. My SIL Jennie and I at a wedding.


5. Finley helping to make dinner.  Well, she put the rolls on the glass pan.


She did a great job too! ; )


6. LOTS of SNUGGLE time!


Sister is mad at brother. Normal.



Happy Wednesday Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been very busy! I agree with you on the whole running thing...although, not sure about the labor part. ;) I miss ur kiddos so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously hate running too. I even hated it when I was running track in high school. I've tried running a 5k a couple of times, but I just can't get into it long enough to train for it. So you doing a 10K? That's super awesome! You go momma!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts