First and foremost this post is dedicated to Lissa (my SIL) and Kelsey (who's been catching up). Yes, I know I haven't blogged in a while. We've been busy, enjoying life and summer.
Let me catch you up to speed:
1. I ran my 10k the day before mother's day. Drew thought I'd love running again like I used to if I'd train for 8 weeks and run the race. I did it for him and unfortunately I still don't love it like I used to.
Background information: When I was in labor with Teague until the time I had him was 20 hours. I could've run a marathon with lots of time to spare and at the time I would have chosen marathon hands down - even without training for it. (But the reward for going through labor was well worth it and I wouldn't trade it for anything.) Now Finley on the other hand came in 45 minutes and given the choice between running the 10k and giving birth to her, I would have chosen giving birth. Call me crazy! That might be how much I didn't like it.
|(please ignore the pins under my shirt. I don't have nipple rings, they we're holding my number to my shirt)|
2. I was back and forth between Grand Rapids and Chicago and back to Grand Rapids within a week. I ran my race, then a few days later headed to Chicago to help my sweet friend Jud recover from hip surgery. Then back to Grand Rapids for Dave Ramsey Live. Total $ makeover. FYI- we've been debt free minus the house since August 2011, so this was just a refresher. And I got to chat with Jon Acuff for a minute while he signed my book.
3. PAT Playgroup. We love parents as teachers playgroup. I know I have a teaching certificate and I'm a mom, but sometimes moms aren't exactly sure what to do with their kids to keep them on track for school. So we go to this playgroup once a month during the school year and we get a free book and play A LOT. Not to mention they offer an educator to come to your house to show you cool stuff to do with your kids. (Plus, I get a little adult time too.)
This was the picnic at the end of the year.
4. My SIL Jennie and I at a wedding.
5. Finley helping to make dinner. Well, she put the rolls on the glass pan.
She did a great job too! ; )
6. LOTS of SNUGGLE time!
Sister is mad at brother. Normal.
Happy Wednesday Friends!