Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years Eve!

What a year 2011 has been!  I feel like I'm finally getting into a groove with my kids and keeping up with household chores.  For such a long time it felt like such a daunting task, but now I feel refreshed and renewed.


Many of you know I started teaching again this year, but after careful consideration, heart ache, and prayer. We made the decision for me to stay home again and I haven't regretted it for one second!!! I love being home with my kids. I love being the person they bond with during the day.  And I love making memories with them and watching them grow. I know I'll never get this time back with them, so I'm eating it up now. Sure I miss the kids A LOT at school and I've been back to see them a few times.  It was extremely hard for me to say goodbye to them and I know it was rough for them as well.  But you know what, if I hadn't gone back to see if that's where I belonged I would have always wondered.  Lesson learned: my place is at home with my kids, supporting my husband, and taking care of our home.

These are some of the photos taken for our Christmas Card.  We ended up using the last one.
 



I'm ending my post today with a few New Years Resolutions that I'm totally capable of:
1) Use all of my jars this year canning as much as I can for our family and give some away as well!!
2) Study God's word more!! I'm currently reading and journaling the book "What's it Like to be Married to Me".  Ladies if you haven't read this book, it's a must and it has been helping me change my heart towards Drew.
3) Transform my body back to the way it used to be (as much as possible since I've had to kids and it's impossible to stop my boobs from sagging). I want to eat better and exercise often.  I've already started, I'm not waiting till tomorrow!!!

Happy New Year everyone, I'll see you in 2012!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you are reading that book! I love it! can't believe you got 56 jars of applesauce- wowsers! ash

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts